mardi 24 mai 2011

i left the bar. as i was leaving i looked through the window and saw him watching me leave and i waved. he smiled. walking to the metro, i kept thinking about regret. and how i didn't want to live with it.

but i still couldn't make a decision. so i bought a coffee and wrote him a little note. i can't remember what it said, but it had my number on it. and i went back.

i walked directly to him and thrust out my note and blurted out something about my number. he didn't understand, i was talking too fast. he stood close to me, showed me something he was writing in his notebook. words appeared on a page that i couldn't focus on. he explained he was writing me a note to leave with the bartender.

[i read that note so many times since he gave it to me i should have it memorized. it was stolen when all of my belongings were stolen in the Grand Vol of 2009.]

it said something about how i had smiled at him when he walked in with the door closing behind him and he knew that anything was possible in a city like new york. that i had a stain that was the exact twin of his on his chick ("cheek"). and then the note broke off because i had walked in the door.

he didn't have a phone number in new york, and so he gave me his internet address. i have that still. thankfully.

2 commentaires:

Veganruleta a dit…

That is so sweet.

qifei2012 a dit…

Organize projects, manage finances and build a better way to do business with tools from Microsoft Office 2010. Includes Excel, Outlook, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, PowerPoint, Access, and Word office
2010 key
.Exchange ideas with customers and business partners remotely with Web Apps--it's another way you can stay connected to your business wherever you are.